VR & Mixed Reality Trends: Insights for Educators
Maya Georgieva delivered a talk at SXSWedu 2017, “VR & Mixed Reality Trends: Insights for Educators.” We did a Core Conversation on Wearables and VR in 2014 and a workshop on Virtual Reality in 2015. In our talk this year, we shared insights from our cutting edge research on VR trends and developments and how they are beginning to impact education. The pace of change in the virtual and augmented reality space is rapidly increasing. Take a look at the latest announcement of Snapchat Spectacles, a low cost pair of smartglasses that works with the social media platform. Or the possibly groundbreaking development, Intel’s Project Alloy, and their vision of Merged Reality. These and other developments could have a profound impact on our learning environments.
To those of you who voted for the proposal, we deeply appreciate your support on the SXSWedu Panel Picker Proposal Page. It was great meet so many of you at Austin and we hope to see you at a future event!
This session examines the latest industry trends in VR and Mixed Reality and their potential applications in education. Major companies, Hollywood studios, publishing and media giants along with independent entrepreneurs are developing new projects that will profoundly transform our human experience. Microsoft and Magic Leap are creating innovative Mixed Reality devices while Facebook and other companies are promising to turn Virtual Reality into a deeply social experience. Innovative filmmakers and studios are pushing the boundaries of content production. Explore how these broader trends will impact the introduction and use of VR and Mixed Reality in our learning environments.
- Learn about the latest technical developments, content projects, and how the work of entrepreneurs is changing the VR landscape
- Gain insights into how underlying industry trends are shaping the future of VR and will transform learning
- Examine how key projects and partners drive the adoption of Virtual and Mixed Reality learning opportunities in business, entertainment and education
- Audience: Educators, Teachers, EdTech experts, EdTech startups, Educational Designers, EdTech and VR companies
- Format: Industry Talk
- Theme: VR/AR/MR
- Tags: #innovation, mixed reality, virtual reality